Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Over the hill...

I go to office on my birthday and bitch a little about being over the hill. A colleague asks me whether I turned 30 (yeah, I know... sincere questions can sometimes be so cruel). I'm like, no, over the hill as in I'm 26... in the second half of my twenties. She's like, 26? over the hill? what about us? (she's 32... since a few years). I'm like that's not over the hill, that's a whole new hill. My hill is the twenties... and I'm on the other half, on my way down.

I've been the youngest one around for a long long time... and I don't think that will change too much. But for the first time in my life, my age makes me FEEL old. 26! Not your twenties, or even 25... these are the LATE 20s.

Anyway, for those of you who are in your 30s or 40s who are reading this, I know I'm being a bit dramatic about this. But hey, I hardly ever crib about anything... let this pass for once...



P.S. The sucky part is... till I turned 26, at the back of my mind, 25 meant halfway through my twenties (and since so long, I've been thinking halfway = 50% = still another half decade to go). With 26, I suddenly realize that from 50% I've gone to 60% in an instant. Its like losing 1 year in an instant... now only 4 more to go till the next big one.

No comments: